Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Aisha's enmity against Imam Ali (as)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
revolutionary guard 79

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-03-07

Aisha's enmity against Imam Ali (as) Empty
PostSubject: Aisha's enmity against Imam Ali (as)   Aisha's enmity against Imam Ali (as) EmptySat Mar 10, 2007 1:56 am

"Following Uthman's murder Zubayr approached Ayesha in Makka and said 'Look they have made 'Ali Khalifa. She said, What right does 'Ali have to rule over our necks? I will not stay in Madina as long as 'Ali is in power"
Sunni reference: Al Imama wal Siyasa Volume 1 page 45

When Ubaidullah Ibn Utbah mentioned to Ibn Abbas that Aisha said "In his death-illness the Prophet was brought to (Aisha's) house while his shoulders were being supported by Fadhl Ibn Abbas and another person", then Abdullah Ibn Abbas said: "Do you know who this 'other man' was?" Ibn Utbah replied: "No." Then Ibn Abbas said: "He was Ali Ibn Abi Talib, but she is averse to name him in a good context."
Sunni reference:
Musnad by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v6, pp 34,228
al-Tabaqat al-Kabir, by Ibn Sa'd, v2, part 2, p29
History of al-Tabari (Arabic), v1, pp 1800-1801
This is also loacted in the English translation.
History of al-Tabari (English) Volume 9 page 169-170
al-Ansab al-Ashraf, by al-Baladhuri, v1, pp 544-545

"Hadhrath Ayesha, could not bear hearing a good thing about 'Ali, and this is solid evidence of her being an enemy of Ali, for Nasibis to proclaim that the narrators of these Hadith are weak, is not a valid excuse, because this is testified in the annals of history".
Sunni reference: Badr al Din Hanafi in "Umdah al Qari fi Sharh Sahih al Bukhari" Volume 2 page 740, Chapter 4 "Hud ul Mareez"

same page as previous reference:
"Muammar narrates that Ayesha was never happy narrating anything good about 'Ali, Zuhri narrates that Ayesha did not possess the ability to say anything good of 'Ali".

Hadhrath Ali said, "Ayesha fought me because firstly being a woman she possessed a weak judgement and secondly she bore enmity towards me and it would open in the same way a pot is opened. She would have never fought anyone other than me in that way"
Sunni reference: Ali Muttaqi al Hind in Kanz al-`ummal, Chapter 8 Kitab "Mawa azafee katheeya'thul taweela
Back to top Go down

Aisha's enmity against Imam Ali (as)
Page 1 of 1