Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Imam Ali (as) will protect Quran not Abu Bakr or Umar

Go down 
AuthorMessage
revolutionary guard 79

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-03-07

Imam Ali (as) will protect Quran not Abu Bakr or Umar Empty
PostSubject: Imam Ali (as) will protect Quran not Abu Bakr or Umar   Imam Ali (as) will protect Quran not Abu Bakr or Umar EmptyFri Mar 16, 2007 11:25 am

The Prophet (PBUH&HF) said: "There is amongst you a person who will fight for the interpretation of the Quran just as I fought for its revelation." The people around him raised their heads and cast inquisitive glances at the Prophet (PBUH&HF) and at one another. Abu Bakr and Umar were there. Abu Bakr inquired if he was that person and the Prophet (PBUH&HF) replied in the negative. Then Umar inquired if he was that person and the Prophet (PBUH&HF), replied "No. He is the one who is repairing my shoes (i.e., Ali)."
Abu Said Khudri said: Then we went to Ali and conveyed the good news to him. He did not even raise his head and remained as busy as he was, as if he had already heard it from the Messenger of Allah (PBUH&HF)."

Sunni references:
al-Mustadrak, by al-Hakim, v3, p122, who said this tradition is genuine based on the criteria of al-Bukhari and Muslim.
al-Dhahabi, also records it in his Talkhis al-Mustadrak and admitted that it is genuine according to the standard of the two Shaikhs.
Khasa'is, by al-Nisa'i, p40
Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v3, pp 32-33
Kanz al-Ummal, by al-Muttaqi al-Hindi, v6, p155
Majma' al-Zawa'id, by al-Haythami, v9, p133
Back to top Go down

Imam Ali (as) will protect Quran not Abu Bakr or Umar
Page 1 of 1