Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

question about ar ruku as sujud

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Khadija

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-04-22

question about ar ruku as sujud Empty
PostSubject: question about ar ruku as sujud   question about ar ruku as sujud EmptySun Apr 22, 2007 11:48 am

As Salaamu Alaikum,
Brother Ali,

In the ayah of the Quran, Surah Baqarah 125 it says:
125. وَإِذْ جَعَلْنَا الْبَيْتَ مَثَابَةً لِّلنَّاسِ وَأَمْناً وَاتَّخِذُواْ مِن مَّقَامِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ مُصَلًّى وَعَهِدْنَا إِلَى إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَإِسْمَاعِيلَ أَن طَهِّرَا بَيْتِيَ لِلطَّائِفِينَ وَالْعَاكِفِينَ وَالرُّكَّعِ السُّجُودِ

What is the meaning of ar ruku as sujud at the end of this ayah?

Shakir translation and others puts "and" between them, but in the Arabic it's not there.

[2.125] And when We made the House a pilgrimage for men and a (place of) security, and: Appoint for yourselves a place of prayer on the standing-place of Ibrahim. And We enjoined Ibrahim and Ismail saying: Purify My House for those who visit (it) and those who abide (in it) for devotion and those who bow down (and) those who prostrate themselves.

This same construction appears again at the end of 22:26

26. وَإِذْ بَوَّأْنَا لِإِبْرَاهِيمَ مَكَانَ الْبَيْتِ أَن لَّا تُشْرِكْ بِي شَيْئًا وَطَهِّرْ بَيْتِيَ لِلطَّائِفِينَ وَالْقَائِمِينَ وَالرُّكَّعِ السُّجُودِ

Which Shakir translates as:

[22.26] And when We assigned to Ibrahim the place of the House, saying: Do not associate with Me aught, and purify My House for those who make the circuit and stand to pray and bow and prostrate themselves.

again with "and" added when it is not in the original arabic.

So, what is the actual meaning of ar ruku as sujjud?

Thank you very much for considering my question.

Peace,

Khadija
Back to top Go down

question about ar ruku as sujud
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Shia Revolution Forum :: Paltalk: oJJI Shia Revolution oJJI :: Shia Revolution Lectures-
Jump to: