Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wudhu: The sunnah was to wipe the feet not wash

Go down 
AuthorMessage
revolutionary guard 79

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-03-07

Wudhu: The sunnah was to wipe the feet not wash Empty
PostSubject: Wudhu: The sunnah was to wipe the feet not wash   Wudhu: The sunnah was to wipe the feet not wash EmptySun Mar 18, 2007 11:28 am

“O you who believe! When you rise up to prayer, wash your faces and your hands as far as the elbows, and wipe your heads and your feet to the ankles;”
Surah Al-Maida’s verse 6

“Narrated Muhammad Ibn Jaffar from narrated Saeed from narrated Qutada from Shaher Ibn Hushab from Abdul rahman Ibn Ghanam from Abi Malik Al-Asha'ary who said to his people: “Gather to pray like the prayer of the Messenger of Allah [s]”. So when they gathered he asked for a bowl of water to preformed ablution (wudhu), he rinsed his mouth, inhaled water, washed his face thrice, washed his arm thrice, wiped his head and top of his feet, then he prayed…”
Sunni reference: Musnad Ahmed bin Hanbal, Volume 5 Hadith 21825
Source

“Rabyya narrated: Ibn Abbas came to me & asked me about that hadith which I narrate that I saw the holy prophet wash his feet, so Ibn Abbas said: “The people insist to wash and I didn’t find in the book of Allah except wiping”
Sunni reference: Musnaf Ibn Abi Shaybah, Vol 1 Chapter: Wiping of feet during Wudu, Hadith 14
Source

“None of the Sahaba differed on washing the feet save ‘Ali, Abdullah ibn bbas and Uns bin Malik, who deemed wiping the feet to be obligatory, and their issuing edicts on this is proven”
Sunni reference: Shaukani in Nayl al Autaar Volume 1 page 198 Dhikr Wudhu

“Hadhrath ‘Ali performed Wudhu by washing his hands and face and wiping his head and feet”
Sunni referece: Ibn Hajr Asqalani in Fathul Bari Volume 1 page 266, Chaper on Wudhu

“Hadhrath ‘Ali asked for water bowl to be brought for the purpose of ablution he washed his hands and face and wiped his head and feet, he then said ‘I saw the Prophet, performing Wudhu in this manner”
Sunni reference Tafseer Ahkaam al Qur’an Volume 2 page 346, the verse of Wudhu

“Ibn Abbas said For Wudhu two parts should be washed and two parts should be wiped. Allah (swt) gave the order to wipe and people in opposition to Allah (swt) began to wash”
Sunni reference: Umdah thul Qaree fee Sharh Sahih al Bukhari Volume 1 page 957, Kitab al Wudhu

“Ibn Abbas said For Wudhu two parts should be washed and two parts should be wiped. Anas bin Malik said that the Qur’an gave an order to wipe the feet”
Sunni reference: Sunan Ibn Majah page 39, Kitab al Wudhu & in Tafseer ibn Katheer page 25, Chapter of Wudhu

Bare in mind the Sunni's do not wipe their feet in wudhu they wash their feet instead.
Back to top Go down

Wudhu: The sunnah was to wipe the feet not wash
Page 1 of 1