Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Explanation of the Harun (as) to Moosa (as) hadith.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Sameer
Admin

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2007-03-07

Explanation of the Harun (as) to Moosa (as) hadith. Empty
PostSubject: Explanation of the Harun (as) to Moosa (as) hadith.   Explanation of the Harun (as) to Moosa (as) hadith. EmptyWed Mar 14, 2007 5:38 pm

First, we will post the ahadith in question:

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/muslim/031.smt.html#031.5913

Book 031, Number 5913:
Amir b Sa'd b. Abi Waqqas reporte (l on the authority of his father that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) addressing 'All said: You are in the same position with relation to me as Aaron- (Harun) was in relation to Moses but with (this explicit difference) that there is no prophet after me. Sa'd said: I had an earnest desire to hear it directly from Sa'd, so I met him and narrated to him what (his son) Amir had narrated to me, whereupon he said: Yes, I did hear it. I said: Did you hear it yourself? Thereupon he placed his fingers upon his ears and said: Yes, and if not, let both my ears become deaf.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/muslim/031.smt.html#031.5914

Book 031, Number 5914:
Sa'd b. Abi Waqqas reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) left 'Ali b. Abi Talib behind him (as he proceeded) to the expedition of Tabuk, whereupon he ('Ali) said: Allah's Messenger, are you leaving me behind amongst women 4nd children? Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: Aren't you satisfied with being unto me what Aaron was unto Moses but with this exception that there would be no prophet after me.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/059.sbt.html#005.059.700

Volume 5, Book 59, Number 700:
Narrated Sad:
Allah's Apostle set out for Tabuk. appointing 'Ali as his deputy (in Medina). 'Ali said, "Do you want to leave me with the children and women?" The Prophet said, "Will you not be pleased that you will be to me like Aaron to Moses? But there will be no prophet after me."

-----------------------------------

For the objective observer, these ahadith should point one towards researching what was the relation b/w Harun (as) and Moosa (as).

Our brothers from Ahlus Sunnah, explain these ahadith, by saying that Rasool (s) was saying that Imam Ali (as) was his brother.

This explanation is quite unsatisfying.

All muslims are brothers (and sisters).

Also, why would Rasool (s) add : there will be no prophet (s) after me. This is inexplicable, if Rasool (s) only meant that 'we are brothers'. That is saying something about the relationship of the Rasool (s) to Ali (as) ... which was the same as the relationship of Moosa (as) to Haroon (as).... i.e his successor.

(Moses said: "O' Allah) assign me a vizier from my family, (that is) my brother Aaron (Haroon) ...," (Allah) said: "We granted your Requests, O' Moses." (Quran 20:29-36).

"Surely We gave the book to Moses and assigned his brother Aaron as his vizier." (Quran 25:35).

There are many other similarities, but for the sake of brevity, insha Allah the above is enough for any objective truth seeker.
Back to top Go down

Explanation of the Harun (as) to Moosa (as) hadith.
Page 1 of 1