Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Uthman rejecting the Sunnah

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
revolutionary guard 79

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-03-07

Uthman rejecting the Sunnah Empty
PostSubject: Uthman rejecting the Sunnah   Uthman rejecting the Sunnah EmptySun Mar 11, 2007 11:55 pm

Narrated Ibn Al-Hanafiya:
If Ali had spoken anything bad about 'Uthman then he would have mentioned the day when some persons came to him and complained about the Zakat officials of 'Uthman. 'Ali then said to me, "Go to 'Uthman and say to him, 'This document contains the regulations of spending the Sadaqa of Allah's Apostle so order your Zakat officials to act accordingly." I took the document to 'Uthman. 'Uthman said, "Take it away, for we are not in need of it." I returned to 'Ali with it and informed him of that. He said, "Put it whence you took it."
Narrated Muhammad bin Suqa: I heard Mundhir At-Tuzi reporting Ibn Hanafiya who said, "My father sent me saying, 'Take this letter to 'Uthman for it contains the orders of the Prophet concerning the Sadaqa.' "

Sunni reference: Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 53, Number 343

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar: I offered the prayer with the Prophet, Abu Bakr and 'Umar at Mina and it was of two Rakat. 'Uthman in the early days of his caliphate did the same, but later on he started praying the full prayer.
Sunni reference: Sahih Bukhari 2 Number 188

Narrated Said bin al-Musaiyab: Ali and 'Uthman differed regarding Hajj-at-Tamattu' while they were at 'Usfan (a familiar place near Mecca). 'Ali said, "I see you want to forbid people to do a thing that the Prophet did?" When 'Ali saw that, he assumed Ihram for both Hajj and 'Umra.
Sunni reference: Bukhari Volume 2 Number 640
Back to top Go down
The Sameer
Admin

Number of posts : 125

PostSubject: Uthman used to forbid performing Tamattu and Umra during Haj   Uthman rejecting the Sunnah EmptyWed Mar 14, 2007 4:42 pm

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/muslim/007.smt.html#007.2815

Book 007, Number 2815:
'Abdullah b. Shaqiq reported that 'Uthman (Allah be pleased with him) used to forbid Tamattu', whereas 'Ali (Allah be pleased with him) ordered to do it. 'Uthman said a word to 'Ali, but 'Ali said: You know that we used to perform Tamattu' with the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him), whereupon he said: It is right, but we entertained fear. This hadith has been narrated by Shu'ba with the same chain of transmitters.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/muslim/007.smt.html#007.2816

Book 007, Number 2816:
Sa'id b. al-Musayyab reported that 'Ali and 'Uthman (Allah be pleased with them) met at 'Usfan; and Uthman used to forbid (people) from performing Tamattu' and 'Umra (during the period of Hajj), whereupon 'Ali said: What is your opinion about a matter which the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) did but you forbid it? Thereupon Uthman said: You leave us alone, whereupon he ('Ali) said: I cannot leave you alone. When 'Ali saw this, he put on Ihram for both of them together (both for Hajj and 'Umra).
Back to top Go down
The Sameer
Admin

Number of posts : 125

PostSubject: Uthman changing the sunnah with regards to prayers.   Uthman rejecting the Sunnah EmptyMon Mar 19, 2007 3:33 am

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/020.sbt.html

Volume 2, Book 20, Number 188:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar:
I offered the prayer with the Prophet, Abu Bakr and 'Umar at Mina and it was of two Rakat. 'Uthman in the early days of his caliphate did the same, but later on he started praying the full prayer.

Shockingly enough, Aisha left Rasool's sunnah and adopted that of Uthman's.

Volume 2, Book 20, Number 196:

Narrated 'Aisha:
"When the prayers were first enjoined they were of two Rakat each. Later the prayer in a journey was kept as it was but the prayers for non-travellers were completed." Az-Zuhri said, "I asked 'Urwa what made Aisha pray the full prayers (in journey)." He replied, "She did the same as 'Uthman did."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uthman rejecting the Sunnah   Uthman rejecting the Sunnah Empty

Back to top Go down

Uthman rejecting the Sunnah
Page 1 of 1